a one hour trip from Rome in the village called The Queen of Olives
Italy is a land of articulated territory, remaining in the same region it is possible to pass from rugged hills to jagged coasts, but one of the few certainties for those seeking a nature holiday is Umbria, the "green heart "This wonderful peninsula. Trevi, located on a buttress of the Apennine, the extreme propagation of Mount Serano, collects in itself an incomparable landscape, literally surrounded by greenery. The municipality in the province of Perugia alternates a flat part, a hilly area completely covered with olive trees, and is finally surrounded by a higher area covered by large forests. Umbria has a kind of transition climate between the Mediterranean and the continental one, and the central areas such as Trevi are characterized by an internal sublimitary climate with an average annual temperature of just over 13 ° C. The coldest month is January (4 ° C) period when precipitation can take on a snowy character, while the warmer month is July, averaging slightly below 23 ° C. The territory of Trevi has seen the presence of man since the very earliest, some finds of the Paleolithic, confirm the existence on the territory of prehistoric civilizations. Other archaeological finds date back to the Roman Epoch, the hilly area retained part of ancient fortified walls dated back to the I century. before Christ, and the finds in the area of Santa Maria di Pietrarossa, refer to an old "civitas" of 284 BC, from the economic and cultural life, probably very lively, given the fortunate position near the Via Flaminia and the shores of the Clitunno River. The first reference to the city was Pliny the Elder, who called its inhabitants as trebiates, the original place of the city being Trebbia or Lucana Trebiensis, which according to some would derive from its position near a trivial crossroads others from the cult of the goddess of hunting, Diana Trivia, and finally (more credible hypothesis), from the hummingbird (habitat or urban agglomeration).
the city of bells and fire
Agnone is located in the northern part of the province of Isernia, about 800 meters above sea level and in a context largely mountainous, with large forests, meadows and glades, streams and a rich flora, including oaks, pines, poplars and firs . With a very cold climate during the winter, with frequent snowfall, Agnone is a typical mountain village of Molise. Agnone has a very ancient history, given that according to their studies here stood Aquilonia, the ancient city of the Sannio that the Romans, commanded by Lucio Papirio Cursor, conquered a large and crucial victory in 293 BC. To make identification more likely, the numerous archaeological finds here and in the adjacent areas, such as the funeral stew of Vibia Bonitas, which has been preserved today in the Italo Argentino Theater. Agnone became an important center during the Longobard domination, but around the year 1000 was in decline; was the powerful Venetian family of the Borrello to bring soldiers and craftsmen from Venice, or more probably from the Dalmatian colonies of the city. Many of Agnone, in fact, betray a Venetian foundation or refoundation, as evidenced by the numerous statues depicting the Lion of Saint Mark and the presence of the church of Saint Mark the Evangelist. Agnone then went to the Angevins and Aragonese; then, originally from Abruzzo, with the government of Gioacchino Murat was required to pass to Molise. In this age Agnone was a thriving city, which boasted a large number of commercial activities and the presence of many intellectuals and writers, which has earned the nickname "Athens of Sannio". The following centuries, however, saw a progressive accentuation of the phenomenon of emigration, which still continues.
Important Etruscan center, medieval and Renaissance village called Tufo City
Enchanting! Sovana, intact medieval village in the Maremma Tuscany, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy. Sovana is a village in the municipality of Sorano, in the province of Grosseto. It is known as an important Etruscan center, medieval and Renaissance village, as well as a bishopric. It is one of the most beautiful villages in Italy. Sovana is an interesting center of culture as the site of museums and archaeological trails in the nearby Etruscan areas. Etruscan necropolis and later Roman, during the Roman period, was of great importance. In the Middle Ages it was the bishopric and capital of the Aldobrandesque county. It declined after the 15th century due to malaria and the Sienese plunder of 1410. It gave birth to Ildebrando (1020) who became Pope under the name of Gregory VII.